Thursday 16 December 2010

A new idea...

So I've considered different ideas.
Hidden history - archeology - lost history, like the city of atlantis
Hidden agendas
Hidden places - Going to somewhere you've never been to before - reading a map differently (upside down, what other kinds of maps are there that could be used around cities? - Star maps...?)

How stuff works/fits together/is made - concealed by its casing, concealed - only done by factory machines.

The idea of aftermath - the hidden affect - i.e. what papers don't report etc.

Missing people.



SO
I've decided to look at taking objects apart.
It will be quite limited - I don't think many people will like me taking their things apart! I will aim for three or four items - a watch, throwaway camera, etc.

I have several initial ideas for experiments:
Photographs of the taking apart process
Manuals/Instructions
3D exploded diagrams
Drawing parts separately - enlarge so obscured = hidden
Putting the items back together
Michael Craig Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment